|Did you know?
A Google Account and a Gmail address are not the same thing. If you
have a Gmail address, you automatically have a Google Account. But you
can also set up a Google Account using any email address, i.e.
bellsouth.com, att.net, yahoo.com, cfl.rr.com, etc...
To Set up a Google Account
- Go to Google Accounts
- Enter your name
- Enter your Email address or set up a Gmail address (it's up to you)
- Type a password
- Type it again
- List a date of birth (only you and Google know what it is)
- Select your gender from the drop down menu
- Enter your mobile phone number (Optional, but recommended as a security feature.)
- Enter your current email address
- Type in the letters in the Security Verification (yes, they are hard to read -- deliberately)
- Click the blue "Next Step" button
- Provide either your mobile or home phone number so Google can verify your account. They will either call or text you -- it is your choice.
- Wait to receive the authorization code.
- Add the code and you are all set.
This verifies your email address and activates your Google Account.