|Did you know?
A Google Account and a Gmail address are not the same thing. If you
have a Gmail address, you automatically have a Google Account. But you
can also set up a Google Account using any email address, i.e.
bellsouth.com, att.net, yahoo.com, cfl.rr.com, etc...
To Set up a Google Account
- Go to Google Accounts
- Enter your Email address
- Type a password
- Type it again
- Uncheck "Enable Web History"
- List a date of birth (only you and Google know what it is)
- Type in the letters in the Security Verification (yes, they are hard to read -- deliberately)
- Return to the New Account form window.
- Click the button to create your Google account
- Wait to receive an email from email@example.com with the Subject Google Email Verification
- Click on the link in the Google email.
This verifies your email address and activates your Google Account.